MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1987, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture, and we are committed to providing the very best to our clients and employees.
The Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC) is responsible for implementing the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) – the U.S. Government initiative launched in 2003 focused on saving and improving the lives of those suffering from HIV/AIDS around the world. PEPFAR is focused on achieving an AIDS-free generation and is the largest commitment made by any nation to combat a single disease globally, operating in nearly 60 countries through bilateral and regional programs. Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov.
The PEPFAR Program Manager position integrates diplomacy and a data use function to support the goals of PEPFAR at the Department of State. The incumbent will have comprehensive responsibility for one country and will work with PEPFAR headquarters staff to advance collective monitoring and progress to program impact for the HIV/AIDS response, and data utilization at multiple levels, including contributions implemented through Global Fund and UNAIDS mechanisms to achieve epidemic control with partner countries.
PEPFAR is a data-driven program and the PEPFAR Program Manager will be expected to have the overall knowledge of the country’s epidemiology and be responsible for the various data streams which entails reviewing trends in performance, program quality, expenditure results, and data quality issues for improved results.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The PEPFAR Program Manager will serve a critical diplomatic function working with the team in-country, partner governments, civil society, and other stakeholders; responsibilities include serving as the primary communication channel for the country team with S/GAC and help raise the level of engagement between PEPFAR technical staff in their interaction with the Global Fund country team, and UNAIDS staff, to further advance complementary of programming.
Integrated Data Use Function
Multilateral and Diplomacy Function
- Serves as the primary S/GAC country expert, developing and maintaining intimate knowledge of HIV/AIDS epidemiology, program implementation, and performance for a single country.
- Monitors and evaluates Country Operations Planning (COP) implementation (targets and outcomes).
- Analyzes Panorama dashboards to identify trends in performance, program quality, expenditure and data quality issues and performs quarterly analysis on performance against targets, expenditures.
- Reviews IM work plans and budget for alignment with COP strategic direction.
- Reviews and processes Operational Plan Updates.
- Reviews Table 6 progress; in conjunction with Country Chair and Program Quality.
- Develops interim- and long-term goals for systems investment; routine (2-3 times a year) visits to country for program understanding and action.
- informs the S/GAC Chair and other Senior Leadership on country-specific progress/issues and collaborates with leadership to develop policy options to address gaps in program performance.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of all S/GAC guidance (PQ, OFPS, MER, ER, SIMS, etc.) and of tools used for COP development, execution, and monitoring, including the FAST and the Datapack.
- Works with the PEPFAR Country Coordinator and country team to translate PEPFAR policy and guidance, and back stops for the PEPFAR Country Coordinator as needed.
- Develops an understanding and advises on complementarity of other donor investments in country, including Global Fund and UNAIDS portfolios; builds overtime and maintains a professional network with key mid-level internal and external stakeholders including:
- In country: PCO and country team
- Interagency HQ: ECT/iSMEs, Agency POCs
- External: Global Fund Portfolio Manager, UNAIDS Country Representative, Partner government technical and program leads, and civil society representatives.
- Master's degree skills in social science, public health, public policy, international relations, or epidemiology.
- Must be able to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust determination.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced, high work demand environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Working knowledge of a statistical software platform such as SAS, Tableau, or Power BI.
Full-time employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
MSAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at
Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com