MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1987, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture, and we are committed to providing the very best to our clients and employees.
The successful candidate will serve as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist in the Management and Operation Unit of S/GAC to provide secondary or tertiary tier troubleshooting assistance to S/GAC employees whose IT technical problems have been referred by lower echelon customer support representatives and is responsible for evaluating hardware and software requests and will provide solutions in support of the office of S/GAC, documenting as appropriate.
The IT Specialist establishes a dialogue with the customer to elicit information about the problem and provide instructions to the user to either permit remote control of the desktop workstation or personally take the necessary corrective steps in the absence of remote control.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the point of contact to support and maintain the end-user environment which may include configuring new hardware, reviewing, and addressing virus alerts, installing, and troubleshooting software including patches, and performing tests.
- Tracks and provide direct support to users for all supported hardware, software, and devices which includes restoring service, providing user training, coordinating warranty repairs through third-party vendors as appropriate, and supporting special events (on-site).
- Installs, supports, and retires hardware (e.g., desktops, laptops, thin clients, monitors, mobile devices, printers).
- Installs and maintains related software and wipes data prior to destruction or reissue.
- Documents, maintains, and recommends enhancements to work processes and standards in the area, including documenting procedures for troubleshooting and incident resolution/solution.
- Performs facility moves under guidance.
- Troubleshooting user problems requiring a working understanding of the end user environment and a basic understanding of inter-related technologies. Can problem-solve most standard end-user problems.
- Effectively works with clients to determine the actual nature or underlying cause of a user problem.
- Selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address and/or escalate problems.
- Collaborate and liaison with State IT representatives.
- Associate degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business or certifications in Information Technology appropriate to the work of the position.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to obtain an MRPT clearance is required.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position. The Company may grant reasonable accommodations to candidates who are not vaccinated for health reasons or due to sincerely held religious beliefs.
Full-time employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
MSAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at
Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com