MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1987, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture, and we are committed to providing the very best to our clients and employees.
The Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC) is responsible for implementing the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) – the U.S. Government initiative launched in 2003 focused on saving and improving the lives of those suffering from HIV/AIDS around the world. PEPFAR is focused on achieving an AIDS-free generation and is the largest commitment made by any nation to combat a single disease globally, operating in nearly 60 countries through bilateral and regional programs. Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov.workflow for S/GAC intranet sites.
The successful candidate will serve as Human Resources Specialist with a focus on administrative analytical, evaluative, and advisory work related the organizational operations, efficiency, and productivity of the PEPFAR, particularly its overseas operations, with an emphasis on overseas staffing under the authority or concerns of S/GAC, notably the PEPFAR Country Coordinator positions.
The Human Resources Specialist serves as a liaison and advocate between S/GAC principals and central Department of State HR entities, and will be an expert in the area of responsibility that includes organizational analysis, coordination of position management, recruitment and examination, assignment and placement, career development, and performance management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incumbent develops a system of recording, tracking, and controlling the allocation of staffing resources within the S/GAC.
- Designs documentation indicating the details of each allocation (e.g., number and category of positions allocated to S/GAC and sub-allocated within S/GAC, the receiving organization, and date of allocation).
- Designs and maintains spreadsheets that indicate S/GAC's staffing allocations and on-board strength for a given time period for management's use in making decisions on matters such as resource requests, recruitment priorities, distribution of resources within S/GAC, and ratios of contractor to Federal positions.
- Maintains contact with S/GAC and Departmental budget analysts and HR specialists to obtain the latest information on staffing resource levels allocated to S/GAC, personnel accessions and attrition, and pending vacancies.
- Applies generally accepted management principles and practices, as reflected in the Departmental management guidelines and a comprehensive knowledge of S/GAC missions.
- Coordinates FS LNA performance appraisal and evaluation processes for overseas operations under the authority or concern of S/GAC, notably the PEPFAR Country Coordinator positions.
- Advises managers of their responsibilities in the appraisal/evaluation process and develops guidelines and presentations to ensure that advice is effectively communicated to rating and reviewing officials.
- Ensures that mandatory requirements such as employee performance plan issuance, mid-year reviews, and final reviews are met.
- Drafts written procedures and guidelines, as needed, that supplement the Department's for use by S/GAC managers in delineating their roles and responsibilities in such matters as developing individual employee appraisal plans and completing appraisal forms.
- Bachelor's degree in related fields appropriate to the work of the position plus minimum 4 years of relevant federal government work experience OR 8 years of relevant federal government experience.
- Ability to obtain an MRPT clearance is required.
Full-time employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
MSAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at
Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com