MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1987, MSAG has provided technology solutions for our Government and Commercial clients. MSAG has a GREAT corporate culture and committed to providing the best for our customers and employees.
MSAG is seeking a Strategic Information Advisor/Data Analyst with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance in the PRIME unit of the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC) in Washington, D.C. The PRIME unit of S/GAC is responsible for leading, coordinating, and managing the collection, analysis, and use of multiple data streams for the purpose of monitoring progress towards control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in countries PEPFAR supports.
The unit serves as a policy and programmatic resource for a variety of issues relevant to the success of country programs to use data to inform and improve programs. This requires successfully liaising across teams and units within S/GAC including the Country Oversight and Accountability and Management and Budget teams, as well as across U.S. government agencies and country and multilateral partners. Coordination skills, a diplomatic tenure, and strong quantitative analytic skills are required.
- Contributes to the lifesaving work of PEPFAR by conducting analyses of routine programmatic data, survey data, surveillance data, cost, and quality data to inform PEPFAR programmatic and policy decisions. Conducts epidemiologic, programmatic, and financial analyses to maximize the impact of every dollar invested in PEPFAR.
- Provides input into strategic initiatives and supports data-driven decision making related to assigned countries. Develops and maintains an advanced understanding of trends in the HIV epidemic within the country and regions in order to, support the capacity of countries to respond to political and geographic contextual issues.
- Collaborates with epidemiologists and technical advisors across multiple US Government Agencies (including CDC, USAID, Peace Corps, State Department, and Department of Defense), at headquarters and in the field to achieve shared goals. Successfully and diplomatically works in partnership with individuals from a wide variety of cultural, political, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Conducts in-country visits with senior US Government and host country government officials to provide technical support to PEPFAR teams and supported countries in administering, monitoring, and evaluating HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment programs. Regularly conducts field visits to health facilities in resource-limited settings to assess programmatic issues and provide recommendations related to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Represents S/GAC, PEPFAR, and the US Government at international meetings and conferences whose sponsors or attendees include UN organizations, partner country governments, civil society organizations, people living with HIV, donors, and other key stakeholders in the fight against the global HIV/AIDS pandemic.
- Serves as the principal S/GAC strategic information headquarters counterpart to Strategic Information Leads within the PEPFAR country offices under the incumbent's purview.
- Works closely with the assigned countries to ensure quality and integrity of data used to report on progress toward achieving epidemic control and provide accountability for PEPFAR resources.
- Supports processes for quarterly reporting from the assigned countries, and coordinates associated review processes following submissions.
- Assists with the development, approval, implementation, and reporting on the operational and strategic plans for the PEPFAR countries and regional HIV/AIDS programs.
- Contributes to preparation of policy and strategy documents, and public affairs materials associated with planning, implementation, and results to inform effective operations consistent with overall program objectives.
- Participates in development and maintenance of guidance documents pertaining to various dimensions of data collection, analysis, and use, incorporating input from headquarters and country stakeholders
- Supports analysis and preparation of data for inclusion on the public PEPFAR dashboard, fact sheets, and other dissemination products.
- Aids in assuring the accountability, transparency, and efficiency of PEPFAR programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Sciences, Allied Sciences, Economics, Finance, Business, Public Policy, International Development or International Studies/Affairs or related fields AND 8 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain an MRPT clearance.
Strong technical abilities in epidemiology, monitoring, evaluation or economics
Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- The consultant will serve as a contributor for S/GAC with responsibility to participate in developing policy, appraising programs, coordinating activities, and overseeing the development of guidance for activities.
- Improves health information systems and data use within host country governments through diplomatic engagement with host country leadership and local PEPFAR teams.
- Provides advice and assistance to national and multilateral partners to support coordinated and harmonized efforts in international and country-specific collection, analysis, and use of data.
- Strong analytic skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
- The consultant will work in concert with the PEPFAR country team(s) and a multidisciplinary and interagency headquarters team, including Country Leads, Expenditure Analysis Advisors, Budget Advisors, among others to ensure that program and epidemiologic data are analyzed and used in conjunction with planned budget, expenditures, geopolitical and other contextual country data.
- The candidate must have strong diplomatic skills and excel in working with culturally, politically, and socioeconomically diverse teams.
- Familiarity with and ongoing data analysis of the overall country contexts, the scope and nature of in-country HIV programs and the PEPFAR program, the consultant provides advice and recommendations to S/GAC senior management on issues regarding country programs and teams.
- Uses clear and concise language in presenting analyses, contributing to technical guidance documents (e.g., indicator guidance), policy documents, standard operating procedures, and responding to written inquiries.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically in interagency space
COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position. The Company may grant reasonable accommodations to candidates who are not vaccinated for health reasons or due to sincerely held religious beliefs.
Full-time employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
MSAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at
Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com