Location: Washington DC
Must have an active Secret clearance
The Program Specialist serves as an action officer for the Managing Director for Policy (F/P) and Director for Management and Operations (F/MO) Directorates. The Program Specialist provides support for a broad range of cross-cutting issues that impact and contribute to the overall mission of the Department's and interagency organizations' foreign assistance programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
F/P Managing Directorate:
- Contribute to analytic analysis and reports produced by the office for stakeholders within and outside F, including support to F/P's annual Research Agenda projects, other analysis, and external outreach.
- Actively participates in F/P's data work by maintaining proficiency in Excel and Tableau designed to analyze and visualize data.
- Help manage the Standardized Program Structure and Definitions for Foreign Assistance to ensure its continued usability and success.
- Draft papers and presentations to present focused analysis on issues of concern for the office, including sector-specific country performance, and analysis and explanation of new Department initiatives.
- Support F/P Senior Advisors' efforts to develop and refine innovative analytical tools, methodologies and products.
- Assist with the planning and execution of F/P-led Fiscal Year budget processes as requested by other F/P staff, including assisting with preparations for the annual Strategic Sector Reviews.
- Support the development of an in-depth analysis of foreign assistance and country performance trends to assist in F's long-term strategy and planning efforts.
F/MO and F/P Managing Directorate:
- Arrange meetings for the F/P Managing Director and F/MO Director, including reserving conference rooms; conference call lines; soliciting and circulating agendas; sending invitations; and pre-clearing and escorting visitors as necessary.
- Maintain calendars for the F/P Managing Director and F/MO Director.
- Order, stock, and organize supply orders (general supplies, paper, toner) for F/P by regularly querying the team regarding any upcoming special supply requests; and restocking the basic supply closet inventory monthly as needed.
- Make copies and shred classified and unclassified (SBU) material.
- Provide back-up support coverage when the Director and Deputy Director of Foreign Assistance Program Specialist is out of the office.
- Support the onboarding of new F/P employees by assisting them to complete administrative tasks.
- Provide travel support for the F/P team, including training other administrative staff on travel procedures as necessary; arranging travel through E2 Travel Solutions; obtaining visas from Embassies; sending eCountry Clearances; and completing taxi vouchers.
- Must have a Bachelor's in relevant field
All staff employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10738780
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm