Must Have an Active Secret Clearance
Serves as the Technical Advisor for Health Commodities in the Program Quality unit of S/GAC. The Program Quality (PQ) team provides technical expertise for the implementation of programs to provide diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of HIV in PEPFAR programs throughout the world. Activities include development of technical considerations, review and input to country operational plans, participates in technical meetings with normative bodies, and technical assistance both remotely and in the field. To facilitate this work, the PQ team engages colleagues across S/GAC’s Management and Budget, Country Impact, Country Operations, Multilateral, and other teams and with technical advisors at other PEPFAR agencies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to S/GAC, to agency HQ teams, and to field teams on optimal programs for health commodities in PEPFAR programs.
- Work closely with PEPFAR field teams to monitor selection, procurement, distribution, and quality of health commodities procured for PEPFAR-supported programs.
- Work with HQ’s interagency partners (e.g. USAID, CDC, DOD, FDA, HHS, and Peace Corps) to design, implement health commodities selection, procurement, distribution, and quality, and monitor progress.
- Develop strategic and operational health commodities planning guidance for the annual Country Operational Planning (COP) cycles.
- Develop interagency supply chain strategies to mitigate the impact of natural or man-made disasters in PEPFAR supported countries. This includes coordination with implementing partners and other supply chain actors to minimize treatment disruption, maintain diagnostic services, and provide efficient replenishment of commodities.
- Review Operational Planning Unit (OPU) country submissions in collaboration with Country Chairs, Country backstops, and the Management and Budgeting (M&B) Division to ensure commodities shifts and budgeting shifts are aligned with programmatic requirements.
- Respond to requests for talking points, briefing memos, and other documents as needed in relevant program areas.
- Participate in field visits to countries to evaluate and make recommendations for improvement in all activities related to supply chain management (e.g. forecasting and quantification, distribution, warehousing, and supply chain best practices).
- Participate in technical meetings related to selection, procurement, distribution, and quality of health commodities and other relevant topics.
- Participate in technical working groups and short-term task teams meetings and convene task teams as needed within the role of S/GAC representative (ex officio).
- Promote information exchange with USG agencies, partners, regional institutions and networks about effective program implementation practices and lessons learned on all aspects related to health commodities.
- Promote information exchange, implementation of supply chain best practices, and data collection with PEPFAR supported countries’ Ministry of Health, Implementing Partners, and other procurement donors.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of material to be presented to the media, interest groups, Members of Congress and/or their staffs, host government officials, FBO’s, NGO’s, etc. on HIV/AIDS health commodities issues in assigned portfolio.
- Analyze. Synthesize and disseminate key research findings and trends; apply findings to future program and project design, strategy, project management and measure of assistance impact, and prepare reports documenting these findings and ensure that they are effectively communicated and disseminated to the Missions, USG partners and others as required.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) providing subject matter expertise and technology solutions for government and commercial clients since 1988. We have a rich history of working with clients to understand their business problems and leverage our technical expertise and knowledge to deliver solutions that improve their business performance.