Location: Arlington, VA
Must have an Active Secret Clearance
The Program Development, Coordination, and Support Directorate is responsible for the design, coordination, and management of OBO's construction and renovation programs.
The Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Directorate of Project Development, Coordination and Support, Office of Cost Management (OBO/PDCS/COST), requires data analytical services to complete the task requirements stated below.
The Data Analyst assists with Excel, SharePoint, Power Bi and other software applications and their integration into office operations to support more effective operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. In furtherance of these skills and responsibilities, the contractor performs tasks and assignments that include the following:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from databases to drive optimization and improvement of business process.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to gather data, conduct analysis, provide recommendations, and monitor outcomes.
- Use cost estimating tools specifically Sage / Navigator / Cortex to generate representational solutions, trends, and forecasting costs.
- Develop Excel models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze Sage model performance and data accuracy.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or in a technology discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience manipulating data sets and building Excel models.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using advanced Excel and Power Bi.
- Knowledge of building industry preferable
- Ability to understand construction cost estimating
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience querying databases
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers e.g. A/E contractors
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) providing subject matter expertise and technology solutions for government and commercial clients since 1988. We have a rich history of working with clients to understand their business problems and leverage our technical expertise and knowledge to deliver solutions that improve their business performance.