Location: Arlington, VA
Must have an Active Secret Clearance (Interim will suffice)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track assigned workgroup’s taskings, document flow, estimate status, and progress;
- Monitor due dates and remind staff of pending completion times
- Assist in date entry of estimates
- Prepare, under the supervision of senior estimators, routine or “simple” estimates
- Perform trend analysis of estimates as assigned
- Assist Cost Managers in researching items for the development of detailed cost estimates for a wide range of projects from inception to post award and project completion
- Prepare reports and draft correspondence
- Travel to and from post(s) to compile local pricing data, view proposed construction site, and to assist in meetings with contractors and local authorities
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate in meeting needs of COST customers
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated knowledge and understanding of construction cost estimating.
- Demonstrated experience in MS Excel; Word; Outlook, and Cost Estimating softwares
- Understanding of the methods and techniques of engineering cost management and control; as they apply and relate to construction practices and procedures. Combined with knowledge of various professional engineering disciplines (such as civil, mechanical, and structural), to enable the incumbent to identify, analyze, and resolve unusual and complex engineering/architectural problems related to construction methods, materials, and technologies, contracting techniques, resources, scheduling, and other engineering aspects of the construction industry.
- Understanding and knowledge of construction contracts and contracting techniques and methods, including both pre-award and post-award contract procedures, and the ability to analyze available methods and techniques as well as construction contract procurement alternatives, such as design/build, build-to-lease, etc.
- Working knowledge of the delivery of overseas construction projects by demonstrating understanding variables and challenges associated with building construction in different regions of the world.
- Skill in acquisition strategy, budget monitoring, contract evaluation, cost management, and contract management, and an understanding of accounting techniques, including owner budget development and program cost control, construction contractor price formulation and contract proposal price breakdowns.
- Working knowledge of proposal price alternatives, including Guaranteed Maximum Price, Firm Fixed Price, and re-measurement contracts based on Bills of Quantity.
- Knowledge of cost models, including parametric cost modeling techniques and scalable computerized cost models and their application to conceptual estimating for long-range project planning purposes.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply a variety of U.S. laws and regulations governing the procurement of design and construction services for overseas projects, including but not limited to the Brooks Act, Balance of Payments Program, Defense Base Act, Foreign Service Building Act, Omnibus Diplomatic Security Act, and Part 25 of the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize assignments and workload (CWEs, IGEs, memos, price comparisons, etc.).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, in order to serve as a representative of the Division/Office/Bureau. Ability to write and defend studies and reports; to advise the supervisor, project managers, and other engineer/architects on construction contract issues; to transfer knowledge on historical and current cost data, underlying trends on both a global cost basis, and on a post-specific basis to colleagues and office management. Ability to answer questions regarding a myriad of issues related to cost management, contracting practices, award procedures, etc.
* Will be upgraded to a Top Secret clearance
All staff employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10738780
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm