Location: Fairfax, VA
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifies methods, remediation solutions, and provides a high level of service to government customer.
• Gather data, analyze compliance and report results on the condition and progress of VA PII-PHI program.
• Responsible for creating, reviewing and maintaining documentation required by VA to maintain authorization of systems within the Security Boundary.
• Interact with teams working on remediation support services for the following: POA&M, ATO, A&A workflow tools data, patch management, information assurance vulnerability alerts and FISMA and NIST compliance requirements.
• Complete encryption security assessment reports collaborate with ISSOs to provide remediation for encryption vulnerabilities
• Prepare briefings to update the stakeholder on the status of actions, and coordinate with all project members to meet the goals and objectives of the assigned task.
• Strong experience interfacing with government customer to understand, interpret, and analyze requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent with 5 years minimum experience
• Clearance Requirement - Candidates may be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• An in-depth understanding of data encryption processes and change management controls
• Experience supporting customers in a system support role
• Experience with system backup and change management controls
• Experience with cyber security and risk assessment remediation support services utilizing FIPS, FISMA, NIST, FedRAMP, and HIPAA standards.
• Experience generating and reviewing system and security artifacts (e.g. gap analysis, disaster recovery plans, and incident response plans
• Familiarity with requirements for PII-PHI systems/applications and data analysis.
• Familiar with healthcare compliance regulations/or, IT security frameworks, and standards
• Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
• A self-starter, highly motivated, detailed-oriented, flexible, resourceful, and be a team player with a focus on helping the team succeed in their mission.
• Microsoft suite
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) providing subject matter expertise and technology solutions for government and commercial clients since 1988. We have a rich history of working with clients to understand their business problems and leverage our technical expertise and knowledge to deliver solutions that improve their business performance.