LOCATION: Rosslyn, VA
Must have an Active Secret Clearance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Familiarity with BI tools and applications (Tableau, PowerBI, SAP BusinessObjects.
- Ability to create/modify complex formulas in excel.
- Ability to combine data from multiple sources in a variety of formats (Knowledge of R programming language a plus).
- Ability to convey large amounts of data visually.
- Ability to create interactive dashboards in Tableau, PowerBI, Lumira.
- Knowledge of MS Project and MS Project Server.
- Perform routine data validation/responsible for data integrity.
- Act as a liaison between CM and other offices within the Bureau to stay abreast of Bureau data management strategies and path forward
- Prepares written materials and enhances their content, appropriate tables from databases/spreadsheets and graphics suitable for the audience;
- Assists in the preparation of oversight reports for upper management as well as writes, and edits reports that are accurate, timely and suitable for the intended audience, occasion and purpose. The end product should be ready for release with little or no rewriting required. Designs spreadsheets with multiple-function formulas, complex databases with multiple report options and develops presentation materials.
- Gathers historical, statistical, funding and other data in the preparation of a comprehensive report that gives consideration to the audience, strategic messages, and topics; determines the most logical and effective use of information; and ensures all appropriate safeguards are maintained regarding sensitive or classified information.
- Adheres to established report production procedures and guidelines; provides supporting documentation, cross references or other information; makes recommendations and offers conclusions with justification; identifies potential areas of disagreement with the area being reviewed and makes recommendations to minimize formal non-concurrences; considers and resolves issues on factual matters to ensure balanced and accurate results; develops and implements follow-up plans to track implementation of oversight work results; and tracks and reports on follow-up activities, as required.
- Utilizes the knowledge of the work product and planned programs to assist senior leaders in the preparation and presentation of complex materials or highly complex issues before a wide variety of audiences.
- Establishes and maintains highly effective working relationships with all stakeholders. Analyze financial and other data, including revenue, expenditure, and employment reports. Conduct onsite observations to determine the methods, equipment, and personnel that will be needed.
- Performs additional assignments, studies and special projects at the direction of the supervisor.
- Excellent writing and editing skills are required to provide comprehensive support to the production of complex and comprehensive publications. Must be able to identify, gather, and evaluate data; identify source documents and prepare requests for information; provide support and have the ability to analyze and evaluate program operations.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to conduct data calls and perform research. Proficiency in analyzing data and information to identify issues and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, Power Point, Share Point and Power BI (Business Intelligence) and be able to adapt quickly and learn internet type based internal programs.
- Comprehension of, or ability to acquire, very basic or general aspects of engineering and construction. He/she must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
All staff employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10738780
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm