Location: Rosslyn, VA
Must have an active Secret clearance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and coordinates administrative functions for the Director of the Construction Support Division (CS) within the Office of Construction Management (CM).
- Prepares written materials and enhances their content, appropriate tables from databases/spreadsheets and graphics suitable for the audience;
- Assists in the preparation of oversight reports for upper management as well as writes, and edits reports that are accurate, timely and suitable for the intended audience, occasion and purpose. The end product should be ready for release with little or no rewriting required. Designs spreadsheets with multiple-function formulas, complex databases with multiple report options and develops presentation materials.
- Gathers historical, statistical, funding and other data in the preparation of a comprehensive report that gives consideration to the audience, strategic messages, and topics; determines the most logical and effective use of information; and ensures all appropriate safeguards are maintained regarding sensitive or classified information.
- Adheres to established report production procedures and guidelines; provides supporting documentation, cross references or other information; makes recommendations and offers conclusions with justification; identifies potential areas of disagreement with the area being reviewed and makes recommendations to minimize formal non-concurrences; considers and resolves issues on factual matters to ensure balanced and accurate results; develops and implements follow-up plans to track implementation of oversight work results; and tracks and reports on follow-up activities, as required.
- Utilizes the knowledge of the work product and planned programs to assist senior leaders in the preparation and presentation of complex materials or highly complex issues before a wide variety of audiences.
- Establishes and maintains highly effective working relationships with all stakeholders. Analyze financial and other data, including revenue, expenditure, and employment reports. Conduct onsite observations to determine the methods, equipment, and personnel that will be needed.
- Reviews, edits and proofreads completed staff actions for accuracy, formatting, appropriate levels of coordination and clearances, consistency, style and compliance with regulations and policies. Ensures that documents are properly vetted and have the relevant background information attached.
- Initiates and/or drafts a variety of correspondence for approval and responds to routine correspondence within area of authority; composes more complex correspondence or project proposals; researches references and background materials; meets with subject matter experts to clarify content message and intent.
- Receives, sorts, safeguards and prioritizes incoming mail and telegraphic/cable traffic; screens items and forwards to responsible party for action; identifies actions that should be handled personally by the cognizant Division Director or other staff members; routes correspondence to appropriate staff for action, or prepares replies as necessary.
- Coordinates and attends meetings and conferences, during these meetings actively takes notes and prepares meeting minutes for distribution.
- Develops and maintains a standardized system of filing, templates, and record keeping. Ensures that assigned staff actions/papers/documents meets established time frames, that obsolete or inactive file are screened and purged as necessary and instructs staff members in appropriate filing procedures. Serves as custodian of such files and other classified materials.
- Functions as a liaison with the IT office; makes arrangements for installation of software; coordinates with IT to troubleshoot and resolve basic hardware problems; provides guidance to staff on the use of office software.
- Performs additional assignments, studies and special projects at the direction of the supervisor.
- Excellent writing and editing skills are required to provide comprehensive support to the production of complex and comprehensive publications. Must be able to identify, gather, and evaluate data; identify source documents and prepare requests for information; provide support and have the ability to analyze and evaluate program operations.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to conduct data calls and perform research. Proficiency in analyzing data and information to identify issues and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, Power Point, Share Point and Power BI (Business Intelligence) and be able to adapt quickly and learn internet type based internal programs.
- Demonstrated office and administrative managerial experience and thorough understanding of a structured professional office environment.
- Comprehension of, or ability to acquire, very basic or general aspects of engineering and construction. He/she must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) providing subject matter expertise and technology solutions for government and commercial clients since 1988. We have a rich history of working with clients to understand their business problems and leverage our technical expertise and knowledge to deliver solutions that improve their business performance