Must Have an Active Secret Clearance
Location: Arlington, VA
The Program Development, Coordination, and Support Directorate is responsible for the design, coordination, and management of OBO’s construction and renovation programs.
The Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Directorate of Project Development, Coordination and Support, Office of Cost Management requires cost estimating services to complete the task requirements stated below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track assigned workgroup’s taskings, document flow, estimate status, and progress
- Monitor project budgets to maintain cost and schedule of projects
- Perform quantity takeoffs to complete estimates and budgets for projects
- Assist in preparing detailed cost estimates
- Identify, analyze, and resolve engineering issues related to construction methods
- Provide requested information regarding estimating processes and budget information for projects
- Prepare, under the supervision of senior estimators, routine or estimates to facilitate management personnel in decision making processes
- Perform trend analysis of estimates as assigned
- Assist Cost Managers in researching items for the development of detailed cost estimates for a wide range of projects from inception to post award and project completion
- Update cost estimates based on improved scope definition as received
- Prepare reports and draft correspondence
- Travel to and from post(s) to compile local pricing data, view proposed construction site, and to assist in meetings with contractors and local authorities
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate in meeting needs of COST customers
- Have demonstrated experience in:
- MS Excel; Word; Outlook
- Cost Estimating software
- Have a background or knowledge of construction cost estimating
- Possess at minimum a High School Diploma
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
Travel may be required for this position; however, the Contracting Officer’s Representative must approve all travel prior to the commencement thereof.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) providing subject matter expertise and technology solutions for government and commercial clients since 1988. We have a rich history of working with clients to understand their business problems and leverage our technical expertise and knowledge to deliver solutions that improve their business performance