Must Have an Active Secret Clearance
Location: Arlington, VA
The Program Development, Coordination, and Support Directorate is responsible for the design, coordination, and management of OBO’s construction and renovation programs.
The Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Directorate of Project Development, Coordination and Support, Office of Cost Management requires cost estimating services to complete the task requirements stated below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track assigned workgroup’s taskings, document flow, estimate status, and progress
- Monitor project budgets to maintain cost and schedule of projects
- Perform quantity takeoffs to complete estimates and budgets for projects
- Assist in preparing detailed cost estimates
- Identify, analyze, and resolve engineering issues related to construction methods
- Provide requested information regarding estimating processes and budget information for projects
- Prepare, under the supervision of senior estimators, routine or estimates to facilitate management personnel in decision making processes
- Perform trend analysis of estimates as assigned
- Assist Cost Managers in researching items for the development of detailed cost estimates for a wide range of projects from inception to post award and project completion
- Update cost estimates based on improved scope definition as received
- Prepare reports and draft correspondence
- Travel to and from post(s) to compile local pricing data, view proposed construction site, and to assist in meetings with contractors and local authorities
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate in meeting needs of COST customers
- Have demonstrated experience in:
- MS Excel; Word; Outlook
- Cost Estimating software
- Have a background or knowledge of construction cost estimating
- Possess at minimum a High School Diploma
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
Travel may be required for this position; however, the Contracting Officer’s Representative must approve all travel prior to the commencement thereof.
All staff employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10738780
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm