Strategic Information Analyst and Support Officer
Location: Washington, DC
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
The Candidate serves as a Strategic Information Analyst and Support Officer in the Program Results and Impact Monitoring for Epidemic Control (PRIME) unit of the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator (S/GAC) by providing programmatic and technical assistance to the unit by coordinating the collection and analysis of several data streams for the purpose of monitoring progress on epidemic control. The unit serves as a policy and programmatic resource for a variety of issues relevant to the success of country programs to use strategic information to inform and improve programs. This requires successfully liaising across teams and units within S/GAC including the Country Oversight and Accountability and Budget Development and Execution teams, as well as across U.S. government agencies and country and multilateral partners.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• The candidate will support office leadership by taking care of routine matters, and on the basis of knowledge of the programs or operations, refers other inquires to appropriate personnel. Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the supervisor and staff; works independently, receiving minimal detailed supervision and guidance.
• Provides administrative support for coordination and collaboration of agencies for program implementation.
• Receives calls, greets visitors, and directs to staff members only those contacts needing their attention or action. Incumbent responds to routine and non-technical requests for information such as status of reports, duty status of employees assigned to the section, suspense date for matters requiring compliance. Incumbent adheres to established deadlines.
• Provides administrative support for the annual Country Operational Plans and quarterly POART reviews.
• Candidate composes correspondence on administrative support or clerical functions of the office. Establishes and maintains office files and records. Searches, assembles, and summarizes information as required from files and documents.
• Maintains calendar and schedules appointments based on knowledge of office leadership interests and commitments.
• Makes all necessary arrangements for travel, arranging schedule of visits, making transportation and hotel reservation, notifying organization and officials to be visited, keeping in touch with office leadership, writing thank-you letters after the office lead’s return, and submitting travel vouchers and reports.
• Serves as an S/GAC strategic information headquarters counterpart to Strategic Information Leads within the PEPFAR country offices. Works closely with countries to ensure quality and integrity of data used to report on progress toward achieving epidemic control and provide accountability for PEPFAR resources. Supports processes for quarterly reporting from the assigned countries, and coordinates associated review processes following submissions.
• Conducts ad-hoc analyses of routine programmatic data, survey data, surveillance data, financial, and quality data
• Conducts in-country visits with senior US Government and host country government officials to provide technical support to PEPFAR teams and supported countries in administering, monitoring, and evaluating HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment programs.
• Assists with the development, approval, implementation and reporting on the operational and strategic plans for the PEPFAR countries and regional HIV/AIDS programs.
• Supports analysis and preparation of data for inclusion on the public PEPFAR dashboard, fact sheets, and other dissemination products.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
All staff employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10738780
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm