Location: Washington DC
Must be able to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust
The Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC) is responsible for implementing the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) – the U.S. Government initiative launched in 2003 focused on saving and improving the lives of those suffering from HIV/AIDS around the world. PEPFAR is focused on achieving an AIDS-free generation. PEPFAR is the largest commitment made by any nation to combat a single disease internationally. PEPFAR is global, operating in more than 36 countries through bilateral and regional programs. PEPFAR supported programs are implemented in these countries under the leadership of the Department of State and through a multitude of U.S. Government agencies, including U.S. Departments of State, Health and Human Services, Defense; the U.S. Agency for International Development; and the Peace Corps. Since 2003, $65 billion has been invested through PEPFAR to address HIV/AIDS globally and the annual budget is approximately $6 billion per year. The program is funding over 4,000 employees around the globe and in the agencies.
Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as Management Analyst with a focus on Human Resources, Travel, Administration, and Contracting in the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy, providing support and assistance to the S/GAC Executive Director in the execution of these major functions. The Management Analyst will perform the following duties, but not limited to:
- Engages in a wide range of HR duties in supporting the Executive Director including but not limited to recruitment, staffing, onboarding, performance management, promotion, incentive awards programs, time and attendance, and leave administration.
- Develops and maintains basic databases and spreadsheets to track personnel information.
- Provides administrative support for human resources program and work on special projects as assigned.
- Prepares communications outlining Human Resources programs, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains personnel files and supports the Executive Director in a variety of critical, confidential, complex and time-sensitive Human Resources administrative tasks.
- Conduct research utilizing policies, regulations, and laws to gather information and apply standardized methods and procedures to accurately present information, suggestions, and recommendation on human resources issues.
- Arrange and provides advice, assistance and implementation of actions regarding official travel to members of the S/GAC staff, which includes both Foreign Service and Civil Service “direct hire” employees, detailees from other Executive Branch departments and agencies, and contractors. Advice encompasses such travel questions, issues or concerns as authorized allowances for temporary duty at locations outside the commuting area of the primary work site, per diem rates and appropriate miscellaneous expenses. Researches Federal Travel Regulations (FTR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) and the regulations from the employee’s parent department or agency to answer any issue or concern related to temporary duty or a permanent change of station to an overseas location.
- Assist the S/GAC Executive Director with identifying intra-office policies, instructions, processes and procedures that address all aspects of business-related travel from the initial request through its completion, ensuring their compliance with Department and/or “S” specialized requirements. Stays abreast of any changes in the requirements for official travel from outside the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator, proactively initiating changes in S/GAC policies, instructions, processes and procedures.
- To the extent allowable by Department and USG regulations, supports the Office’s unit Security Manager responsible for general security issues, (i.e, DoS ID Badges and Visitor’s Authorization Request).
- Serves as the primary conduit for information from across the Section, office, and interagency, and plays a crucial role in maintaining communication with the domestic organizations with which the team engages. Such outreach includes e-mail correspondence, telephone calls, meeting notes, and action memos.
- He/she completes regular and special records such as attendance, leave, and travel compensatory time. He/she also completes similar paper work to ease the flow of work through the unit and provides the staff with current information in readily accessible form.
- Provides support of information systems through entering data into databases and provides support in analyzing information.
- Establish and maintain office files-hard copy and automated disk and records. Search, assemble and summarize information as required from office files and documents.
- He/she acts as liaison between the Executive Director and the Deputy Coordinators, Directors, and Deputy Directors by providing accurate, timely advice on procedures, reports, requirements, and other matters necessary to implement the Executive Director’s policies, directives, and instructions.
In accordance with S/GAC contract staffing requirements, administers contract personnel processes which includes assessing and reviewing required personnel contract documentation, accountability of task order managers, initiating and/or developing statements of work, establishing periods of performance and aligning funding resources. Performs other related duties as assigned.
All staff employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10738780
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm