Location: Washington, DC
Must be able to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- He/she completes, manages and handles documentation pertaining to attendance, leave, filing, classified material and staffing status. He/she also completes similar paper work to ease the workflow through the unit and provides the staff with current information in readily accessible form.
- He/she manages the unit Director's and the Deputy Director's activity schedule and reminds them of appointments. On own initiative and discretion, he/she establishes priorities, sets up, reschedules, or refuses appointments, accepts or declines invitations to meetings, and arranges for representation by a subordinate official when necessary and appropriate.
- Working with the OGAC Travel Officer and counter-parts in embassies around the world, he/she makes all necessary arrangements for travel, arranging schedule of visits, making transportation and hotel reservations, notifying organizations and officials to be visited, keeping in touch with the staff enroute, drafting thank-you letters after the staff's return, and submitting travel vouchers and reports.
- The incumbent should be proficient in the use of several types of standard automated office software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, email, and slide presentation), and have the capability to produce a variety of documents associated with his/her function of managing the schedule and workload of the unit. This includes management of the team's shared calendar, which tracks significant events and meetings, use of the team conference line, and staff leave schedules.
- The incumbent reviews documents (position papers, briefing materials) prepared for meetings and conferences for conformance with regulations, grammar, format, and special policies of the organization (e.g., Office, Bureau, or Department).
- The incumbent serves as the primary conduit for information from across the Section, office, and interagency, and plays a crucial role in maintaining communication with the international organizations with which the team engages. Such outreach includes e-mail correspondence, telephone calls, meeting notes, and action memos.
- He/she acts as liaison between the Director, the Deputy Director, and other subordinate managers by providing accurate, timely advice on procedures, reports, requirements, and other matters necessary to implement the Director and Deputy Director's policies, directives, and instructions. He/she informs them of current issues and programs and schedules briefings by members of the staff for the Director and/or Deputy Director. He/she assists in monitoring and management of team work flow, communication, and morale.
- In the absence of the unit Director and/or Deputy Director, the incumbent assumes responsibility for ensuring that requests for action or information, which would normally receive the unit Director's and/or Deputy Director's attention, are made known to responsible subordinate supervisor or staff member who can satisfy the request. The Program Support Officer monitors resulting activities for the purpose of briefing the unit Director. He/she refers important or emergency matters to the unit Director's and/or Deputy Director's attention when he/she is absent, but accessible.
- The Program Support Officer will be exposed to the programmatic components of the teams and may have the opportunity to engage on substantive issues covered by the team as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
All staff employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10738780
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm