MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1987, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture and is committed to providing the very best to our clients and employees.
The Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC) is responsible for implementing the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) – the U.S. Government initiative launched in 2003 focused on saving and improving the lives of those suffering from HIV/AIDS around the world.
Under the direction of the S/GAC Deputy Coordinator for Program Results and Impact Monitoring for Epidemic Control (PRIME), the incumbent serves as a Costing and Finance Program Analyst in the PRIME unit of the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC). The PRIME unit of S/GAC is responsible for leading, coordinating, and managing the collection, analysis, and use of multiple data streams for the purpose of monitoring progress towards control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in countries PEPFAR supports.
Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov
The incumbent will work on the Program Efficiency Team and assist in the coordination of data stream collection and analyses related to costing, budgeting, and financing of PEPFAR program implementation. The Costing and Finance Analyst will support the costing, budgeting, and financing of HIV/AIDS interventions associated with the implementation of PEPFAR. These activities occur in support of the development, review, and approval and oversight of the annual interagency strategies and budgets for the PEPFAR country and regional programs, as well as translation of these country programs into implementing partner level budgets and work plans.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The information below provides more details on desired skills and experience and specific application to the position.
Experience in using quantitative data to analyze public health problems and/or interventions
- Provide accurate and timely data to inform funding decisions, including through reports and analysis for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with the development, approval, implementation and reporting on operational and strategic plans for PEPFAR countries and regional HIV/AIDS programs, as well the linking of these country programs into implementing partner level budgets and work plans.
- Provide input into strategic initiatives and decision making related to budget for costing of HIV/AIDS interventions. Support cost-effectiveness studies as needed.
- Work effectively with PEPFAR Strategic Information Advisors and Country Leads to assist with analysis of program budgets, work plans, and expenditure data to link with epidemiology and program coverage goals for HIV/AIDS services.
- Assist in the formulation, review and oversight of country planning and budgeting, including the linkages to implementing mechanism planning and budgeting, for implementation of PEPFAR priorities. Work closely to ensure quality and integrity of data used to report on progress toward achieving epidemic control and provide accountability for PEPFAR resources.
- Support processes for quarterly and annual reporting and budgeting; participate in associated review processes of budgeting, work plans, and expenditure following submissions.
- Assist in analysis of HIV-related economic and budget data to inform PEPFAR programmatic and policy decisions.
- Provide input on draft guidance and policy statements associated with planning and budgeting, resource tracking, costing, and annual work plans.
- Assist in preparation and administration of tools, including budgeting, forecasting, submission compliance, resource tracking, and analysis.
- Aid in assuring the accountability, transparency, and efficiency of PEPFAR programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to work effectively in team environment
- Incumbent needs to have the ability to review and analyze the cost, budget, financing, and strategic information associated with PEPFAR programs.
- Ability to conduct data analysis and be a proficient user of data systems (e.g., Excel), business intelligence dashboards.
- Ability to translate data analytics in a way that increases understanding and use of data to inform decision making.\
Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, to interact collaboratively across S/GAC units, field and program staff.
- Incumbent will work in concert with the PEPFAR country team(s) and multidisciplinary and interagency headquarters teams, including Country Leads, Strategic Information Advisors, Budget Advisors.
- Ability to exercise discretion, professionalism, and sound judgment in liaising with PEPFAR staff, U.S. Embassy staff, and other entities.
- Ability to accomplish organizational objectives through planning, organizing, setting work priorities, managing and adjusting workflow. Capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- The incumbent effectively communicates findings of data analysis using visualizations, presentation tools, etc. Uses clear and concise language in drafting guidance documents, policies, standard operating procedures, and responding to written inquiries.
- Provides input on draft guidance and policy statements associated with PEPFAR planning, budgeting, monitoring, and reporting requirements.
- Master’s in Public Health, Epidemiology, Economics, Finance, Business, Public Policy, International Development or International Studies/Affairs or related fields (no relevant experience required)
- Bachelor’s in Public Health, Epidemiology, Economics, Finance, Business, Public Policy, International Development or International Studies/Affairs or related fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position. The Company may grant reasonable accommodations to candidates who are not vaccinated for health reasons or due to sincerely held religious beliefs.
Full-time employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay.
MSAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at
Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com