U.S. Department of State - Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and coordinates administrative functions within the Office of Construction Management (CM); ensures that staff complies with applicable policies and procedures; advises the Branch Chiefs and Division Directors on administrative matters requiring a broad knowledge of the Office’s mission, function and objectives. Provides guidance and advice to other office staff on a full range of administrative services.
- Prepares written materials and enhances their content, appropriate tables from databases/spreadsheets and graphics suitable for the audience; designs spreadsheets with multiple-function formulas, complex databases with multiple report options and develops presentation materials.
- Reviews, edits and proofreads completed staff actions for accuracy, formatting, appropriate levels of coordination and clearances, consistency, style and compliance with regulations and policies. Ensures that documents are properly vetted and have the relevant background information attached.
- Initiates and/or drafts a variety of correspondence for approval and responds to routine correspondence within area of authority; composes more complex correspondence or project proposals; researches references and background materials; meets with subject matter experts to clarify content message and intent.
- Receives, sorts, safeguards and prioritizes incoming mail and telegraphic/cable traffic; screens items and forwards to responsible party for action; identifies actions that should be handled personally by the cognizant Division Director or other staff members; routes correspondence to appropriate staff for action, or prepares replies as necessary.
- Coordinates meetings and conferences, VIP visits; acts as a project coordinator for special functions.
- Makes complex domestic and international travel arrangements; prepares or assists staff in completing TDY vouchers as well as Passports and visa requirements.
- As requested, assists with time and attendance records for the Division; coordinates leave schedules with staff; sets up project schedules, i.e. estimates and plans for the amount of time required to complete projects and develops timelines and milestone achievements.
- Develops and maintains a standardized system of filing and record keeping. Ensures that assigned staff actions/papers/documents meets established time frames, that obsolete or inactive file are screened and purged as necessary and instructs staff members in appropriate filing procedures. Serves as custodian of such files and other classified materials.
- Receives visitors and screens telephone calls and refers to the proper person or furnishes information requested.
- Functions as a liaison with the IT office; makes arrangements for installation of software; coordinates with IT to troubleshoot and resolve basic hardware problems; provides guidance to staff on the use of office software.
- Maintains office equipment and arranges for required repair of telephone, personal computers, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.
- Assists the Branch Chiefs with the administrative review of performance evaluations. Monitors ratings and award submission requiring Division approval to ensure consistency in procedures, adherence to applicable regulations and timely submission.
- Assists in the development of and/or ensures the development and implementation of staff operating procedures and administrative policies for assigned areas of responsibility. Provides advice and guidance on the interpretation and application of administrative directives and instructions.
- Assists in the development of basic funding requirements and priorities for the office. Compiles requirements and presents for approvals. Provides recommendation for action based upon factual data obtained and assessed.
- Performs additional assignments, studies and special projects at the direction of the supervisor.
ASSIGNMENT LOCATION: Rosslyn, VA
- Ability to obtain and maintain a suitable security clearance and DoS badge
- Demonstrated office and administrative managerial experience and thorough understanding of a structured professional office environment.
- Comprehension of, or ability to acquire, very basic or general aspects of engineering and construction. He/she must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and be able to adapt quickly and learn internet type based internal programs.
- Prior DoS Experience a must.
Interested candidates should email their resume and a cover letter to Recruiting@msag.net, with the position title in the subject line, or apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm