U.S. Department of State - Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations
CON TPC Program Analyst
The incumbent performs a variety of functions that support the day-to-day operations of the Branch. In furtherance of these responsibilities, the incumbent performs tasks and assignments that typically include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Develops and prepares management reports as directed for all levels on OBO management; prepares workload analyses, reports, and studies that address overall program/project status, trends, and problem areas for resolution; analyzes resulting data and prepares final reports and recommendations; monitors financial progress of projects using Department of State (DOS) accounting and tracking systems; and synchronizes the planning, budgeting, and reporting of projects to ensure project advancement is achieved;
- Makes allotments and monitors the execution of obligations and expenditures for projects and various programs to ensure that funds are properly allocated in consonance with design, construction, and furnishing schedules as well as any operational and maintenance schedule to determine if funds are being obligated as forecast; recommends adjustments and/or reprogramming to effectively use appropriated funds to support new requirements in a timely and effective manner; and exercises budgetary controls through review and approval of the obligation and expenditure of funds for projects or programs either within a single year or over several duration;
- Prepares a variety of analyses and reports related to status if funds to include commitments; obligations and liquidations, travel, staffing levels, and other workload indicators; consolidates data for viable overview of financial status of programs in various format (e.g. Word, Excel or PowerPoint); and advises program manager and project managers on the status of availability of funds in different accounts and prepares detailed analysis;
- As required, creates and develops matrixes, justifications and analyses for a variety of programs supports by CM; develops requirements for contract actions, monitors obligations and expenditures for such program to ensure eventual completion within actual potential funding resources; monitors costs associated with any changes; and performs financial analysis for funding levels between to meet changing requirements;
- Serves as a member of a project team that has the specific responsibility of optimizing the performance of projects’ execution through resolving potential problems related to: construction planning and design; preparing Requests for Contract Actions (RFCAs) for contract modifications, and preparing Project Change Requests (PCRs) to document changes to the original project scope, schedule and budget;
- Serves as a member of a program team to maintain a third party contractor program for professional engineering services; prepares Task Order Proposals (TOPRs); evaluates contractors’ proposals and makes recommendations regarding candidates qualifications; analyzes technical qualifications and pricing and provides recommendations on most qualified candidates/contractor; and obtains funding for Task Orders;
- Provides technical guidance and training to lower level analysts in all aspects of budget formulation; presentation and execution as well as other aspects of program control;
- Maintains internal controls and ensures data integrity by reviewing input for accuracy, performs studies on control and use of funds throughout the year, and ensures that obligations incurred and expenditures of funds are in accordance with pertinent laws and regulations; and
- Builds and manages SharePoint sites for the CON branch, including managing permissions requests, program data distribution, finance databases, and document libraries for historical records.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented.
Interested candidates should email their resume and a cover letter to Recruiting@msag.net, with the position title in the subject line, or apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/