Job Description Tier 2 ON-SITE Support
The Contractor shall provide onsite desktop technical and security support services. The Contractor shall provide these onsite support services on a daily basis during standard hours of operation. The Contractor shall:
1. Analysis of Tenable Nessus scan results.
- Provide specific vulnerability remediation support for all devices, including laptops, workstations, printers, and network devices (including mobile devices), based on the Regional Director’s priorities, and remediate 98 percent of all new vulnerabilities.
- Provide onsite or remote as agreed upon by COR/VA PM, patch and vulnerability support using SCCM and other tools. This includes MS patching, Nessus scan remediation, unauthorized software remediation, baseline image deficiencies, etc. The Contractor support shall include:
2. Vulnerability remediation as required by the Regional Director or designee that cannot be done in an automated fashion according to VA standards.
3. Coordination with stakeholders as needed to remediate the user system or server.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented.
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues that arise with Windows and Macintosh desktops/laptops from the network drop to the desktop/laptop, prioritizing systems infected with viruses.
- Maintain the compliance documentation database with compliance evidence, implementation statements and other associated documentation to maintain compliance with federal guidelines
- Provide workstation, laptop, and printer hardware and software support/troubleshooting, imaging, and patching.
- Test and image desktops and laptops using Microsoft Operating System Deployment using the VA provided images.
- Maintain and troubleshoot software and computer peripherals.
- Set up and configure all workstation, laptop, and printer hardware according to VA standards and baselines.
- Ensure all open tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls are resolved within 48 hours. For tickets requiring follow up work greater than 48 hours as agreed to by COR/VA PM, the severity of the incident shall establish tracking of ticket completion which shall be recorded in the ticketing system.
- Assist in updating security documents that adapt VA protocols to be in compliance with NIST guidelines (e.g., NIST SP 800-53, Revision 4 control families).
- Use Nessus, SCCM, SCOM, and SQL reports and product logs to locate workstations and servers that have inventory, deployment, patching or other issues, and then use provided scripts, tools, and vendor products to troubleshoot and resolve the issue and verify resolution.
- Build and deploy packages and maintain collections using SCCM.
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues that arise with Windows and Macintosh desktops/laptops from the network drop to the desktop/laptop prioritizing systems infected with viruses.
- Respond to alert notification or escalation of an issue from members of the VACO ITSS team, determine the probable cause of the issue, and take the appropriate intervention action(s) to restore the Windows and Macintosh desktop/laptop to operational status.