MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since their beginning in 1986, they provide technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. The company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. MSAG is opening its new Proposal Development Center in Chantilly, Virginia, and we’re looking for a skilled Proposal Writer to join our Proposal Development Group.
In this technical writing role, the Proposal Writer will take the lead writing and editorial role to produce programmatic and technical proposal content that appeals to a widely diverse audience. The Proposal Writer must be able to:
- Write clear, persuasive and articulate proposal content in response to Federal Government and DoD RFPs, Task Orders, RFIs, and Sources Sought inquiries.
- Communicate complex and technical concepts through easily understood and compelling written narrative.
- Identify, develop and recommend effective proposal response strategies to communicate proposal approaches and solutions.
- Articulate the overall solution and proposal strategy, and define the approach to writing and assembling proposal content.
- Understand and collaboratively develop proposal win strategies, value propositions, key messages, win themes and discriminators, and substantiate all claims.
- Write proposal sections that clearly articulate MSAG’s overall solution, strategy, and approach to performing the work.
- Develop graphic concepts to communicate subject matter and guide graphic artists to create clear, concise illustrations.
- Analyze RFP for requirements dictating form and content in the proposal response, and develop proposal outlines that achieve full compliance and responsiveness to RFP requirements.
- Serve as volume lead with responsibility to complete past performance, technical, resume, management, corporate experience, or other non-cost volumes.
- Write technical approaches, management plans, past performances, and resume sections of large, complex proposals.
- Review, edit, format, polish and rewrite other writers’ material to ensure compliance with RFP instructions and responsiveness to evaluation criteria, and company best practices for proposal development.
- Conduct data calls and research to gather needed information and collaborate with SMEs to write technical proposal sections.
- Participate in proposal reviews and ensure all claims are accurately and convincingly substantiated.
- Develop page layouts, storyboards, document mockups, proposal templates, acronym lists, and cross reference matrices.
- Develop, curate and use a Knowledge Management collection of proposal content including technical solutions, management approaches, corporate qualifications, accomplishments, past performances and other relevant material.
- Identify and apply lessons-learned to improve processes that lead to higher levels of proposal quality.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Business/Technical Communications, or IT.
- 5+ years’ experience developing proposals in large, complex proposal efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, to include solid comprehension of grammatical rules, punctuation, sentence structure, and active versus passive voice.
- Knowledge of the Shipley proposal development process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe publishing software
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and support multiple concurrent proposals.
- Ability to surge pace of work within tight schedules to meet proposal deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend most RFP requirements.
- Ability to explain technical concepts through easily understood written narrative.
- Ability to collaborate with a dynamic team of professionals in a fast-paced environment to accomplish high quality results.
- Ability to create compliant proposal content and maintain message consistency across all proposal sections.
- Ability to think strategically and recognize competitive advantage.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- High comfort level with technical terms and concepts, and an ability to adopt and understand new terminology and concepts quickly.