MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Begun in 1986, they provide technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. The company is customer-focused, has a great corporate culture and is very employee-oriented. MSAG recently opened a new Proposal Development Center in Chantilly, Virginia, and we’re looking for a skilled Proposal Coordinator to join our Proposal Development Group.
In this role, the Senior Proposal Coordinator provides a wide variety of support to the Proposal Manager, Capture Manager, and other stakeholders during the proposal development process. The Senior Proposal Coordinator helps the Proposal Manager organize, direct and maintain accountability for the timely, complete and effective preparation of all assigned proposals in response to RFPs, Task Orders, or other solicitations pursued by MSAG. During the course of performing these duties, the Senior Proposal Coordinator will:
- Support the development of compliant, persuasive and high quality proposals to address all requirements contained within customer solicitations.
- Develop and distribute proposal-related materials including outlines, compliance matrixes, attachments, document templates for writers, and other proposal components.
- Maintain a library of boilerplate material for reuse across similar proposals, and tailor boilerplate appropriately for new proposals.
- Review and modify proposal components to ensure they follow MSAG’s branding and formatting guidelines.
Education and Experience Required
- Work with the Proposal Manager, Capture Manager, Project Manager and Subject Matter Experts to validate readiness to develop the proposal, and identify issues that impact the team’s ability to develop the proposal in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative, coordination, and communications support to the proposal team to ensure smooth conduct of the proposal effort.
- Work with proposal professionals and specialists, writers, editors, and graphic artists, to ensure timely integration of their contributions to the proposal effort.
- Coordinate the activities and schedules of multiple proposals simultaneously.
- Analyze the draft and final RFP, RFQ, SOW, PWS, modifications, amendments and other solicitation materials and develop questions to the customer.
- Track RFP amendments and update proposal components, outlines, and writers’ shells to comply with any changes.
- Proactively research and assemble reusable, draft content in advance of the RFP and provide to writers for modification and update.
- Use an online repository and workflow best practices to maintain configuration control of proposal documents as they develop over time.
- Participate in daily status meetings, record meeting minutes and actions, support members of the proposal team with day-to-day proposal development activities.
- Respond to and support tasks assigned by the Proposal Manager.
- Manage the graphics development process, tracking progress from initial concept sketch to final proposal graphic.
- Develop simple proposal graphics, including organization charts and process diagrams.
- Integrate proposal team products into the final proposal submission and perform basic editing of proposal material where necessary.
- Support proposal reviews by assembling and formatting review-ready drafts for distribution to the review team, and performing compliance and quality checks.
- Perform compliance checks of written material against the compliance matrix or RFP to ensure a compliant proposal response is produced.
- Identify and help resolve issues with written narrative and production problems.
- Format proposal documents, produce the final proposal in hardcopy or softcopy form, prepare for shipment, and track shipment progress.
- Prepare, schedule, and track FedEx and other carrier pickups; prepare shipping and other required labels.
- Integrate finished proposals into the Proposal Knowledge Base and identify and implement proposal development process improvements.
- Participate in development of proposal process best practices to be implemented company-wide.
- Write, edit, proof, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus 10 years of related and progressive experience in proposal coordination processes for the Federal and DoD acquisition environment. Degree requirement may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years applicable work experience.
Ability to read, understand and extract critical and strategic information from government RFIs and RFPs; ability to develop proposal action plan(s) from the RFI and/or RFP and communicate to other proposal team members; ability to identify, recall and quickly communicate key data elements from the RFI or RFP that define aspects of the proposal response.
Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize, participate in, and motivate teams in a high-rate production environment under tight deadlines. Ability to compose, edit and integrate diverse or complex information elements into a cohesive whole. Excellent organization skills and detail orientation, with the ability to multitask multiple proposals within a deadline-driven schedule.
Excellent style, content, and grammar editing; document formatting; print production management; document control using SharePoint or cloud-based solutions.
Mandatory computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite.
Desirable: Shipley Proposal Training including Proposal Management, Proposal Writing, and Capturing Federal Business.