Senior Technical Advisor for Human Resources for Health (HRH)
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Location: Washington, DC
The Senior Technical Advisor for Human Resources for Health (HRH) provides leadership and guidance on the development, implementation and evaluation of HRH strategies and interventions to achieve HIV epidemic control. This includes working closely with U.S. Government (USG) agencies to ensure that HRH issues are appropriately addressed within the context of PEPFAR. Working in conjunction with S/GAC, all PEPFAR implementing agencies, other offices within the Department of State, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and international organizations, the HRH Senior Advisor is responsible for:
• Working with PEPFAR stakeholders to guide implementation of HRH programs;
• Providing guidance regarding PEPFAR policy for HRH and assuring highest level country implementation. Maintains key documents, including for example, national action plans for HRH and the high-level technical documents in this area;
• Developing sustainability plans for HRH investments;
• Advocating for USG positions in international fora;
• Monitoring and reporting on scientific and technological developments in the area of HRH; and, responding to questions about HRH issues from within S/GAC and other agencies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze and interpret HRH data from PEPFAR programs to inform monitoring, program planning, and workforce optimization to achieve and sustain HIV epidemic control.
• Develop policy and guidance, in collaboration with other HRH experts in USG Implementing Agencies as well as United Nations and other donors relative to HRH programs.
• Collaborate with agency HRH POCs and provides guidance to implementation subject matter experts (iSME) on matters related to HRH. Identify and follow-up on key issues, including those related to policy and implementation for action by the USG programs, both in-country and USG agency programs.
• Provide support to field programs on HRH and brings together expertise from USG agencies to provide appropriate technical assistance to the field in issues surrounding human resources for health and health systems strengthening.
• Advances state-of-the-art and evidence-based models and programs for HRH for use in-country.
• Coordinates with technical focal persons for prevention, treatment, and governance to assure strong linkages between program areas.
• Coordinates with other sectors, such as monitoring and evaluation, finance and economics, prevention, and treatment as related to HRH programming within the context of PEPFAR.
• Liaises with the Strategic Information (PRIME) team in S/GAC on monitoring and evaluation of HRH activities.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as an ability to meet deadlines and work independently with a minimum of guidance. Domestic and international travel is required.
• Travel Requirement is approximately 30%.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Master’s degree or higher in public health, health systems strengthening or a related social science field.
• Minimum five (5) years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in health systems with at least two years’ experience related to international or resource challenged settings.
• Experience applying systems thinking to global health programs. Demonstrated understanding of public health issues in developing countries and key health systems functions.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated skills in health data analysis including familiarity with statistical and data visualization tools.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with people of diverse professional, educational, and cultural backgrounds. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly on complex, simultaneous, evolving tasks and challenges.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing subject matter expertise and technology solutions for government and commercial clients since 1988. We have a rich history of working with clients to understand their business problems and leverage our technical expertise and knowledge to deliver solutions that improve their business performance.
Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm