Program Contracts Analyst
Top Secret Clearance Required
Location: Washington, DC
The Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations (CSO) advances the Department of State’s understanding of how to anticipate, prevent, and respond to violent conflict through analysis and planning; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and targeted, in-country efforts to inform U.S. government policymaking.
The consultant shall perform the tasks listed below:
- Serves as primary advisor for contracting, procurement and federal assistance within Executive Office providing program analyst and administrative support functions.
- Assist program offices in the development of solicitations, negotiation, and award of complex acquisition actions; and federal assistance program.
- Assist with Management of Federal Assistance Program within CSO including maintaining, uploading, modifying, inputting sources document’s in required systems.
- Assist in determining acquisition strategy using performance-based contract management techniques.
- Draft requirements, solicitation documents, competitive range determinations, renegotiations positions, final contract documents, and contract modification actions in accordance with laws, regulations, policies, and procedures of the DOS and Federal procurement regulations.
- Examine and evaluate the cost estimates or price proposals utilizing cost or price analysis techniques to determine fairness.
- Provide assistance in the processing of requirements using the AQM acquisition processing system ILMS/ARIBA.
- Assist COR with contract administration actions, including interpretation of requirements modifications, changes, contractor performance appraisal, contractor claims, subcontract award and administration, terminations, contract closeouts.
- Develop solicitations to assure sufficient competition and produce results-based, best value contract awards.
- Conduct audits of travel vouchers.
- Assist with management of Personal Service Contracts.
- Manages the paper clearance process for CSO/EX to ensure action memo are cleared in a timely manner; track all paper coming into or leaving CSO/EX.
- Organize and maintain contractor filing system.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation and processing of:
- SF 182 Training Requests for staff;
- SF 1164 Reimbursement Request for staff
- DS 1838 Request for Personal Identification Card
- And other Forms as required.
- Alternate Unit Security Officer (USO) for EX Section, including liaison duties with DS.
- Manages training requests for contractors, which consists of preparing letters of approval for State Contractors, and assisting A/EX, by preparing the fiscal data for the SF 182s, for approval by the EX Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the EX Director, HR Director and COR
- Bachelor’s degree or higher-level education in a major field of study related to contracting, procurement, finance, economics or business.
- Familiar with Federal and Department acquisition rules, regulations and laws, desired.
- The incumbent must possess highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn the Office's mission programs, goals, objectives, and substantive issues monitored by CSO as they relate to the overall acquisition structure and processes of the Department.
- Knowledge of and ability to use the most current Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, and Outlook. Willing to learn new applications.