Deputy Program Manager
Required Clearance: Secret
Location: Quantico, VA
Assist the Program Manager for the Network and Service Desk Operations that establishes and maintains services for customers throughout CONUS.
In the absence of the PM, supervise the Program Team and ensure effective execution of all objectives. Interface as required with Government personnel in support of the Government’s Objectives. The Deputy PM will assist the PM in the following:
- Communicate with Government personnel via reports, meetings, program status updates, Periodic Management Reviews (PMRs), etc.
- Mitigate and manage risks for program issues and risks for network issues and outages .
- Notify the Government of and, where applicable, obtain Government approval for, any significant events that may impact the program.
- Provide Data management and Government access to the data.
- Recommend continuous process improvements for all Program Objectives.
- Ensure Team personnel have the education, certification, experience, and clearances sufficient to fulfill, manage, operate, maintain, and/or sustain, where applicable, the Program Objectives.
- Provide support for the development, writing and implementation of processes for establishing an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) framework, such as the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and the International Standards Organization (ISO) 20000 standard.
- Provide Market Research support by providing specifications and other information needed to recommend upgrades to procure hardware, software, or other upgradable maintenance support items necessary to support the network infrastructure.
When not assisting the PM in daily duties or standing in in his absence, the Deputy PM will provide Asset Management in support of the Program. IT Asset Management duties will be to identify, organize, and track software, hardware, and network devices to include warranties, licenses and managing configuration changes across the enterprise. The existing Remedy Asset Management software is the Government repository for this data. The Deputy PM will do the following:
- Track hardware, network devices, telecommunications equipment, and software assets, versions, licenses and warranties.
- Identify, organize, control, and record software and hardware configuration changes.
- Identify redundancies or shortfalls in licensing, warranty, or spares.
- Report hardware and software warranty status, service status, excess or shortage and version information to the Government on a monthly basis.
*Position Contingent Upon Contract Award