Technical Support Engineer
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Immediate triage of end-user calls, questions, and problems to include application password resets, initial recreation and troubleshooting of problems, and process instruction
• Technical support for problems involving the GTIS’s application software .and operating system issues
• Maintaining the availability and operability of all GTIS components including interfacing with third-party vendors and third-party software products and services
• Monitoring authentication, security, the Windows operating system (OS) and behavior of hardware and backup processing
• Testing of implemented fixes, enhancements and releases, ad-hoc reports and report writing
Application Technical Maintenance and Support
• Maintain and support all environments (primary, secondary, and development) of GTIS, all application modules, related components, application fixes, system application upgrades, and enhancements including maintenance, upgrades and fixes of customized modules.
• Daily checks of physical hardware
• Notifying Port Authority of any problems and escalating via Port Authority Management until resolved
• Administering the system in accordance with Port Authority guidelines
• Monitoring any contractor furnished OS
• Checking equipment hardware/software components to ensure all components are present and operating within the specified parameters.
Welcome Center Support and General Job Requirements
• Provide direct support to end user at the following airports JFK, LGA, EWR, and STU
• Frequency of visit depends on problem / issues that are experienced by end users at each location.
• Required to login tickets and be reachable via phone or email
• Required transportation for site visit (cost for tolls and miles would be reimbursed by MSAG)
• Weekly report on activity should be submitted to PM or Dept PM