Duration: 3 months
- Support the proposal manager in planning and executing the proposal development process.
- Help the proposal manager maintain the proposal development schedule, configuration control, planning and control of documents, and baselined outline.
- Work as single point of contact between the proposal team and production team (e. g. editing, graphics, desktop publishing, reproduction, binding, and delivery), as needed. Provide guidance and status reports on production matters.
- Enforce editorial policies and guidelines specified for the proposal.
- Ensure the team has access to the necessary facilities (e. g., war rooms, conference rooms, individual office assignments. and equipment (e. g., computers, monitors, audio/video equipment), as needed.
- Participate in proposal team daily tag-up or status meetings. Look for warning signs, such as schedule slips, and anticipate imminent need for particular resources. A large part of this role is anticipating the team s needs and being ready to respond accordingly.
- Coordinate all production services (desktop publishing, graphics, editing, reproduction, QC, binding, and preparation for delivery) in support of the proposal.
- Help the proposal manager maintain the proposal development schedule; check writers templates to ensure they conform to the RFP s format specifications; and maintain configuration control of text and graphics, planning and control documents, and baselined outline.
- Enforce the schedule to ensure timely delivery and quality of the proposal:
- Enforce configuration control, especially for graphics. Work with authors to make graphics as complete as possible before turning them into production.
- Inform production team of schedule, level of effort required, critical-path items, current status, expectations, and other critical matters.
- Identify and help resolve major production problems early.
- Provide proposal manager and proposal leads with daily status reports on production matters.
- High School and seven (7) years or more related experience.
- Ability to coordinate and produce electronic and hard copy proposal submissions and attend user training in person and via teleconference/web as required.
- Knowledge of the various components of a proposal organization, RFPs, and various types of procurements that are issued by government and commercial entities (i. e., Task Orders, Sources Sought, etc.).
- Experience working effectively with customer groups and functional support personnel having a wide variety of objectives and proposal preferences.
- Work as the single point of contact between the proposal team and production team (e. g. editing, graphics, desktop publishing, reproduction, binding, and delivery), as needed.
- Provide guidance and status reports on production matters.