Analyst will provide the full range of project management and analytical support to our client. While some administrative or logistical support will be required at times, the Analyst’s efforts largely will rest on assessing data, drafting preliminary analyses, tracking progress and milestones, communicating with Department bureaus and overseas missions as may be needed, and updating the status of projects both orally and in writing. Analyst will develop, coordinate, and/or manage near-term project schedules using program management and evaluation skills. Analyst will work on a mixed team of contractor and direct-hire personnel that requires knowledge of the Department of State’s hierarchy, bureaus, and operations. Interaction will include offices and bureaus in the State Department, and possibly other USG agencies or private sector entities as needed.
- Secret Level Clearance is required for this position
Strong Analytical and organizational skills
Collegial, energetic disposition: strong communication and outreach skills
- Disciplined self-starter with capacity to independently balance requirements with process, i.e., closing out Rightsizing Reviews
- Ability to assess path forward and take necessary actions on cleaning up shared drive and / or other documentation.
- Comfortable with development and use of data, metrics, statistics, tables, and integration with narrative
- Capability of quickly acquiring knowledge of rightsizing process and performing preliminary and even small-post analysis
Comfort and familiarity with writing and blogging
- Respectful of authority, yet with tenacity (and tact) to ask questions and press for answers
- Perseverance to follow up and reach closure on pending issues
- Capable of coordinating multiple issues and details
- Willingness to engage on issues to learn and strengthen job skills
- Proven writing ability, preferably on a detailed, in depth products (samples required)
- Blogging on OpenNet, not Internet
- Established SharePoint knowledge and skills