SGT, Inc. in support of the Volpe Center seeks a Business Analyst that demonstrates experience in the analysis of user needs and the development of functional and non-functional requirements for web based applications for the US Department of Transportation (DOT)
Essential Job function
- Investigate and define the problem and the information to be processed, proposes system alternative solutions, and develops system requirements.
- Provide expertise in data and business process research and analysis, in conducting research/evaluations/studies as required, and in analyzing the results of the process to develop recommendations/solutions for transportation systems
- Elicitation of business needs and requirements using a range of techniques, including user stories, storyboards, use cases, and process modeling; analyze and document client's complex business requirements and processes; communicate these requirements to appropriate parties
- Work closely with software engineers and others to coordinate the analysis, design, and implementation of information systems to meet user needs.
- Provide technical direction for software development tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness and adherence to the design concept and to user standards.
- Has knowledge of and is able to apply Federal standards and other guidelines related to the development of secure systems and Section 508 compliant systems.
- Performs preparation, production, and configuration management of formal IT documentation, including paper and electronic documents, on-line help systems, and web-based documents.
- Provide expertise in the design, development, format, and preparation of a wide variety of IT documentation, including user guides, documentation guidelines, and IT documents
5+ years of related experience
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field preferred
- Public Trust is required for this position
- Understanding of customer mission, strategic goals
- Experience working with business processes and re-engineering
- Experience working with various functional groups within an organization
- Experience with structured analysis techniques; analysis and design of transportation system applications for various architectures (simple to complex); system application prototyping; operating systems and hardware interfaces; database structures, location, and data elements; and/or system benchmarking and performance evaluation.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders: sponsors, customers, end users, and trainers, as well as project technical staff.
- Superior writing skills
- Good communicator and adept at presenting to small audiences of 10-20 people
- Familiar with Enterprise Architecture frameworks, such as Zachman, Federal Enterprise Architecture, FSAM, etc.
- Seasoned project management professional, with experience managing both plan driven and change driven project methods.
- Experience with the full suite of MS Office tools, including Visio
- Experience with automated development support tools, such as Visual SourceSafe, MS Project, Team Foundation Server, and SharePoint