Test Automation Engineer
SGT, Inc. in support of the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, located in Cambridge, MA has an immediate requirement for a Mid to Senior level Software Tester. The qualified candidate will be a key contributor in development and testing of a web based system used to store and retrieve FAA safety information. The successful candidate should possess a mix of manual and automated testing experience on web based applications, as well as a demonstrated ability to create detailed test specifications and test plans. Candidate will automate functional tests and use case scenarios by working with the business stakeholders, developers and project manager.
- Create and maintain a set of automated test scripts to test functionality and performance of product components developed in-house
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of test processes and diagnostic programs for system testing
- Define and report meaningful test metrics to support decision making by the project manager and product acceptance criteria.
- Provides complex technical expertise to engineering management in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced test personnel
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience using test automation tools like Selenium or Microsoft Test Manager; experience with Telerik Test Studio is a plus
- Expertise of ad hoc database queries using SQL or SQL tools like Toad, etc.
- Experience testing Web Interfaces and Data-Load Interfaces and Reports
- Communication and technical writing skills necessary to produce formal test specifications and test plans
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, priority allocation and task management skills
- Strong presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server is a plus
- Public Trust is required for this role
- BS in engineering, computer science, information systems or other related science degree.
- 3-5 years of experience