|Strategic Information Advisor/Data Analyst
Under the direction of the S/GAC Deputy Coordinator for Program Results and Impact Monitoring for Epidemic Control (PRIME), the incumbent serves as a Strategic Information Advisor/Data Analyst in the PRIME unit of the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC). The PRIME unit of S/GAC is responsible for leading, coordinating, and managing the collection, analysis, and use of multiple data streams for the purpose of monitoring progress towards control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in countries PEPFAR supports. Collectively, the data streams of interest include routine program monitoring data reported on a quarterly basis for each of the thousands of sites PEPFAR supports, epidemiologic data, surveillance data, evaluation findings, program quality data, cost data and expenditure data. The PRIME unit also leads the development and advancement of health information systems in the countries PEPFAR supports. The unit serves as a policy and programmatic resource for a variety of issues relevant to the success of country programs to use data to inform and improve programs. This requires successfully liaising across teams and units within S/GAC including the Country Oversight and Accountability and Management and Budget teams, as well as across U.S. government agencies and country and multilateral partners.
There are several openings in the PRIME unit on the Data Management and Visualization team, the Data Use and Impact team and the Program Efficiency team. This announcement seeks to fill the vacancies across the various teams. The incumbent serves as a Strategic Information Advisor/Data Analyst and a technical resource to the Team Leads and Deputy Coordinator of the PRIME unit. Coordination skills, a diplomatic tenure, and strong quantitative analytic skills are required.
- Contributes to the lifesaving work of PEPFAR by conducting analyses of routine programmatic data, survey data, surveillance data, cost, and quality data to inform PEPFAR programmatic and policy decisions. Conducts epidemiologic, programmatic, and financial analyses to maximize the impact of every dollar invested in PEPFAR.
- Provides input into strategic initiatives and supports data-driven decision making related to assigned countries. Develops and maintains an advanced understanding of trends in the HIV epidemic within the country and regions in order to support the capacity of countries to respond to political and geographic contextual issues.
- Collaborates with epidemiologists and technical advisors across multiple US Government Agencies (including CDC, USAID, Peace Corps, State Department, and Department of Defense), at headquarters and in the field to achieve shared goals. Successfully and diplomatically works in partnership with individuals from a wide variety of cultural, political, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Conducts in-country visits with senior US Government and host country government officials to provide technical support to PEPFAR teams and supported countries in administering, monitoring, and evaluating HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment programs. Regularly conducts field visits to health facilities in resource-limited settings to assess programmatic
- issues and provide recommendations related to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Represents S/GAC, PEPFAR, and the US Government at international meetings and conferences whose sponsors or attendees include UN organizations, partner country governments, civil society organizations, people living with HIV, donors, and other key stakeholders in the fight against the global HIV/AIDS pandemic.
- Serves as the principal S/GAC strategic information headquarters counterpart to Strategic Information Leads within the PEPFAR country offices under the incumbent’s purview. Works closely with the assigned countries to ensure quality and integrity of data used to report on progress toward achieving epidemic control and provide accountability for PEPFAR resources. Supports processes for quarterly reporting from the assigned countries, and coordinates associated review processes following submissions.
- Assists with the development, approval, implementation and reporting on the operational and strategic plans for the PEPFAR countries and regional HIV/AIDS programs.
- Contributes to preparation of policy and strategy documents, and public affairs materials associated with planning, implementation and results to inform effective operations consistent with overall program objectives.
- Participates in development and maintenance of guidance documents pertaining to various dimensions of data collection, analysis, and use, incorporating input from headquarters and country stakeholders.
- Supports analysis and preparation of data for inclusion on the public PEPFAR dashboard, fact sheets, and other dissemination products.
- Aids in assuring the accountability, transparency, and efficiency of PEPFAR programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masters’ in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Sciences, Allied Sciences, Economics, Finance, Business, Public Policy, International Development or International Studies/Affairs or related fields or Bachelors’ in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Sciences, Allied Sciences, Economics, Finance, Business, Public Policy, International Development or International Studies/Affairs or related fields with 5 years of relevant experience
- Public trust access is required.
- Strong technical abilities in epidemiology, monitoring, evaluation or economics
Incumbent will serve as a contributor for S/GAC with responsibility to participate in developing policy, appraising programs, coordinating activities, and overseeing the development of guidance for activities. Improves health information systems and data use within host country governments through diplomatic engagement with host country leadership and local PEPFAR teams. Provides advice and assistance to national and multilateral partners to support coordinated and harmonized efforts in international and country-specific collection, analysis, and use of data.
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams
Incumbent will work in concert with the PEPFAR country team(s) and a multidisciplinary and interagency headquarters team, including Country Leads, Expenditure Analysis Advisors, Budget Advisors, among others to ensure that program and epidemiologic data are analyzed and used in conjunction with planned budget, expenditures, geopolitical and other contextual country data. Incumbent must have strong diplomatic skills and excel in working with culturally, politically, and socioeconomically diverse teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Based on familiarity with and ongoing data analysis of the overall country contexts, the scope and nature of in-country HIV programs and the PEPFAR program, the incumbent provides advice and recommendations to S/GAC senior management on issues regarding country programs and teams. Uses clear and concise language in presenting analyses, contributing to technical guidance documents (e.g., indicator guidance), policy documents, standard operating procedures, and responding to written inquiries. Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically in interagency space.
Interested candidates should email their resume and a cover letter to Recruiting@msag.net, with the position title in the subject line, or apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10837714
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm