We have an opening for a Budget Analyst to support the Office of the US Global AIDS Coordinator at the US Department of State. The position will be located in Washington, D.C. Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov.
A security clearance at the Secret level is required for this position.
The incumbent serves as a Budget Analyst reporting to the Director of Management and Budget. The incumbent plans, organizes, carries out and coordinates annual and multi-year budgeting for S/GAC’s program funds and other agency funding for all U.S. Government (USG) international HIV/AIDS assistance, with special focus on dramatically ramping up prevention, treatment and care services in PEPFAR countries. The incumbent also completes budget, performance and legislative analyses for senior S/GAC management for use with other Department bureaus and offices, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and the Congress.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends and participates in substantive planning and analysis meetings. Based upon extensive knowledge of planned and anticipated program initiatives and activities and detailed analysis and consideration of program requirements, develops annual budget estimates for submission to the Department, OMB and the Congress for the PEPFAR budget. Formulates long-range budget estimates for PEPFAR and analyzes funding trends and the impact of these trends on PEPFAR programs.
- Supports budget and performance integration efforts. Completes budget and performance analyses for senior S/GAC management. Works with S/GAC staff in relevant offices to develop long-range plans to increase linkages between budget and performance data and develops tools to demonstrate these linkages. Supports S/GAC Program Management Systems staff with budget and performance analyses required for Performance Assessment Rating Tools and other requirements as needed.
- Reviews, analyzes, edits and consolidates budget submissions from PEPFAR Country Teams in the Country Operational Plan database for accuracy of technical treatment, mathematical accuracy, adequacy of supporting narrative justification, and conformance with budgetary policy and guidelines. Recommends necessary changes and revisions.
- Develops analysis which examines the impact and significance to the budget of new policies, procedures and program-requirements. Works closely with the Director to determine resource needs and priorities. As appropriate, recommends the inclusion or exclusion of specific budgetary requests.
- Develops and prepares detailed strategic and background documentation and justification for all assigned budget requests, presentations and submissions. Prepares briefing materials for senior S/GAC staff. Provides special information, explanations, and clarifications to respond to Departmental, OMB and Congressional inquiries. May accompany witnesses to OMB and Congressional hearings to provide expertise. Prepares responses to additional questions and inquiries from the Department, OMB and Congress.
- Prepares and recommends annual and long range financial plans which reflect allotments and program objectives; requests funds to carry out the assigned programs.
- Develops data and participates in the development of Memoranda of Agreements with other government agencies; coordinates budget allocations to Bureaus within the Department; and coordinates budgetary actions with these agencies and bureaus.
- Maintains continual liaison with program allowance managers, keeping abreast of changing requirements. Consults with program managers and provides technical advice on the various aspects of budgetary and financial planning, analysis and implementation functions.
- Provides assistance to the Director in the planning, development, testing and implementation of financial management and budget systems, programs and data bases for S/GAC which are also compatible with Department and OMB systems.
- Safeguards and maintains sensitive and classified material at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10837408
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm