We have an opening for a Management Analyst at the U.S. State Department in the Bureau of Administration, Office of Logistics Management and the Office of Acquisitions Management to support daily operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make recommendations for and assist in the implementation of new techniques or procedures to improve methods of operations, strengthen controls, and effectively utilize resources.
- Evaluates new and existing programs for effectiveness, efficiency and conformity to established guidelines; tracks or monitors administrative data; identifies actual or potential problem areas, discrepancies, or deviations in procedures.
- Conducts or direct complex studies, research, analysis, and projects;
- Drafts and recommend administrative policies and procedures.
- Consults with management to initiate studies, identify priorities, define study scope, purpose, objectives, time frames, and resource requirements.
- Conducts on-site interview with inter-intradepartmental personnel to observe and discuss operations; reviews applicable laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Prepares and provides technical information, reports, documents, and other data as requested; Organizes and maintains accurate records of activities and projects.
- May represent division at various meetings pertaining to particular management studies to discuss changes in procedures, policies or guidelines that have substantial impact on system or operation; consults with management to assist in establishing management improvement policies.
- Recommends and implements goals and objectives for providing effective services.
- Assist with identifying and coordinating courses for in-house training.
- May develop and conduct training to management and staff in system use and new procedures.
- Research data in FPDS and Momentum Systems
- Works independently or as part of a team to organize and complete detailed assignments with minimal direction.
- Plans and presents clear, concise, and effective presentations to management and the staff.
One year of specialized experience performing management improvement studies in areas such as: a) organizational analysis; b) systems and procedures analysis (manual or ADP); c) records management analysis; d) space utilization studies; e) work measurement or work simplifications studies; f) cost benefit analysis; g) budget analysis; or h) other related efficiency research or program operations review studies;
a Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a closely related field;
Three more years of experience assisting in planning and carrying out various management improvement studies in a least one of the areas a)through h) listed previously.
A security clearance at the Secret level is required for this position.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10834954
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm