We have an opening for a Strategic Communications Advisor to support the Bureau of Information Resource Management at the US Department of State. The position will be located in Washington DC.
- Drafts and reviews communication strategies using research and analysis of communication methods, products and services, and target audiences;
- Coordinates and facilitates webinar and podcast series;
- Work closely with project managers and account managers on customer-specific projects to design project marketing campaigns.
- Monitors and supports current communication environments for failures and any irregularities;
- Process development and continual improvement for all communication processes;
- Develops and drafts Bureau-wide Governance Policy, Style Guides, and SOPs;
- Establishes KPIs and reports on metrics and other relevant communication data to leadership and management;
- Coordinates Town Halls and other Leadership events;
- Formats and reviews formal communications to ensure readability;
- Designs and develops UX friendly communication sites on SP to leverages tools, channels, and templates;
- Drafts messages connecting users to projects and project teams;
- Develops project campaigns and socialization plans for integrated projects;
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10825597
- Technical Capacity: SharePoint, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Metastorm (Department internal task tracking tool) Webinar platforms- Adobe Connect, Zoom, Webex, Google Hangouts, and Skype for Business
- Communication Proficiency: Communicates effectively to Senior Leadership, end-users, and technical staff. Able to serve as a liaison in a variety of roles.
- Collaboration Skills: Work well with customers and other contractors and government employees to produce the best products.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Supervisory Responsibility
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for the Department of State interns.
- An Active Secret clearance is required or this role.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm