We have an opening for a Senior Communications Lead to support the Office of the US Global AIDS Coordinator at the US Department of State. The position will be located in Washington DC. Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov.
Under the direction of the Deputy Coordinator for Strategy and Global Health Diplomacy, the incumbent serves as the Senior Communications Lead.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The ability to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level is required.
- The incumbent oversees the areas of policy development, strategic communication management, research, partnership building, and administration while helping to build and maintain strong partnerships and messaging for the PEPFAR program.
- Prepare substantive background and analytical documents and reports for the global health diplomacy office, S/GAC leadership, and other Department bureaus and Executive Branch agency personnel as requested, on efforts by the U.S. Government and others to promote the U.S. Government’s global health priorities, including efforts to combat the global HIV/AIDS pandemic and promote global health diplomacy.
- Advise and provide S/GAC senior staff and colleagues with policy-relevant information on health topics related to the PEPFAR program. Incumbent should have experience “translating” relevant technical information on health topics into concise points to inform policy decisions.
- Develop and monitor all media relations, strategy and outreach to key audiences; set data-driven strategy for global communications and policy efforts; monitor progress of PEPFAR policies and grow the total addressable market.
- Policy development, strategically communicate and disseminate information, in multiple mediums such newsletters, blog posts, websites, social media, reports, and other public-facing outreach; identify trends and possible proactive pitches and predict reactive statements as needed.
- Help organize and facilitate virtual and in-person networking of PEPFAR stakeholders and partners via webinars, calls, in-person meetings and other gatherings; actively engage with and support staff, advocates, and thought leaders interested in advancing PEPFAR; monitor, conduct and support messaging in support of PEPFAR; serve as a public-facing representative of the organization at events.
- Identify trends and opportunities for the advancement of the PEPFAR program design strategies to capitalize on support entities; identify and monitor public perceptions of the PEPFAR program and develop communication outcomes-based approaches and to address issues; monitor media coverage of the PEPFAR program and provide advice to the Coordinator and Deputy Coordinator for Strategy and Global Health Diplomacy on appropriate media responses to issues.
- Provide verbal and written reports and briefings on policy issues as required for internal and external audiences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10825075
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm