We have an opening for a Research and Science Technical Advisor to support the Office of the US Global AIDS Coordinator at the US Department of State. The position will be located in Washington DC. Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov.
Under the direction of the S/GAC Director of Research and Science, the incumbent serves as the Research and Science Technical Advisor in the Research and Science (ORS) unit of the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC). The incumbent undertakes strategic activities supporting the development, implementation, and monitoring of HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care plans for countries and regions in which the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) conducts or supports activities. Tasks are targeted on ensuring the scientific integrity of PEPFAR’s HIV/AIDS interventions in order to deliver an AIDS-free generation in a manner that is transparent, accountable, and impactful.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceives, formulates, recommends, and implements initiatives regarding significant internal and external program and policy issues affecting the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), including aspects of field implementation and USG policy and technical direction, restructuring, reorienting and recasting of immediate and long rand goals, objectives, plans, and schedules to meet substantial changes in legislation, program authority and/or funding; determinations of projects to be initiated, dropped or curtailed, changes in organizational structure; and policy formulation and long range planning in connection with prospective changes in S/GAC functions and programs.
- Assists with ensuring the medical and scientific integrity of all HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care programs implemented pursuant to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. Collaborates with the medical and scientific communities, both within and outside the U.S. Government (USG), including in foreign countries, in the development of appropriate prevention, treatment, and care protocols and policies that ensure safe and effective healthcare services, including antiretroviral drug therapy and equitable distribution of health resources. Markets to the medical scientific and research community the value of data collection and its effect on future treatment, prevention and care strategies.
- Serves as both a policy expert and technical resource contributor to the development, coordination and dissemination of new or revised international HIV/AIDS policies across the entire spectrum of technical and policy areas with other Department offices and bureaus and other USG entities engaged in implementing the Emergency Plan, particularly the U.S. Agency for International Development and the Departments of Health and Human Services, Defense, Labor, Commerce, and the Peace Corps. Provides expert scientific advice and recommendations to the USG Technical Working Groups supporting implementation of the Emergency Plan and monitors the subsequent dissemination and implementation of the new or revised HIV/AIDS policies in the field.
- The incumbent devises and maintains appropriate management and internal control systems to ensure that all resources are safeguarded against waste, fraud, unauthorized use or misappropriation, obligations incurred comply with applicable laws and regulations; and revenues and expenditures are promptly recorded and accounted for in accordance with Departmental procedures. Proactively identifies program areas where potential for waste, fraud, unauthorized use or misappropriation exist and pursues systematic resolution.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10825072
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm