We have an opening for a Senior Technical Advisor for Research and Science to support the Office of the US Global AIDS Coordinator at the US Department of State. The position will be located in Washington DC. Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov.
Under the direction of the S/GAC Director of Research and Science, the incumbent serves as the Senior Technical Advisor for Research and Science in the Office of Research and Science (ORS) unit of the office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC). The incumbent undertakes strategic activities supporting the development, implementation, monitoring and rigorous evaluation of HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care programs for countries and regions in which the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) conducts or supports activities. Tasks are targeted on ensuring the scientific integrity of PEPFAR’S HIV/AIDS interventions in order to deliver an AIDS-free generation in a manner that is transparent, accountable, and impactful.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the Designated Federal Officer (DFO) to the S/GAC Scientific Advisory Board (SAB), an Executive Branch Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA)-chartered group, and its related subcommittees.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10825069
- Manages and provides technical oversight for implementation science, clinical research and evaluation projects funded by PEPFAR.
- Assists with ensuring the medical and scientific integrity of all HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care programs implemented pursuant to PEPFAR.
- Serves as both a policy expert and a technical resource contributor to the development, coordination and dissemination of new or revised international HIV/AIDS policies.
- Analyzes research and program data routinely and provides briefings in writing and orally to senior leadership.
- Monitors on a regular and recurring basis HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care program progress in order to identify successes, challenges, and recommend corrective action plans when needed.
- Aids in assuring the accountability, transparency, and impact of PEPFAR Plan and other HIV/AIDS programs supported by the USG, particularly their scientific soundness, to Administration officials, Members of Congress, and the general public through the development and communication of evidence-based practices.
- Serves as a technical and subject matter expert, providing leadership and guidance in the design, implementation and analysis of implementation science and program evaluation projects for PEPFAR.
- Plans the identification, development, implementation and monitoring of outreach activities with foreign governments, international organizations, NGOs and regional donors to foster greater leadership, commitment and resources on their part in the global fight against the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
- Devises and maintains appropriate internal control systems to ensure all resources are safeguarded against waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ability to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level is required.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm