MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is recruiting for a Technical Advisor for Pediatric & Adolescent Care & Treatment to work at the U.S. Department of State in S/GAC. This is a contract position. A security clearance at the Secret level is required. Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate pediatric/adolescent treatment areas of technical considerations and country-specific guidance for the annual COP process, in collaboration with other technical staff.
- With supervision by the Unit Director for Treatment in Program Quality and in collaboration with other PQ technical advisors, the technical advisor will provide technical assistance to S/GAC, to agency HQ teams, and to field teams on optimal programs for pediatric/adolescent Treatment in PEPFAR programs.
- Work closely with PEPFAR field teams to understand factors limiting attainment of 90/90/90 goals of 90% of people living with HIV aware of their status, 90% of those on treatment, and 90% of those with suppressed viral load and to design programs to reach these goals for children and adolescents.
- Work with headquarters interagency partners (e.g. CDC, USAID, HHS, DOD, HRSA and Peace Corps) to design and implement pediatric/adolescent treatment programs and monitor progress.
- Participate in field visits to countries to evaluate pediatric/adolescent care & treatment programs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in technical meetings related to pediatric/adolescent treatment, viral resistance, and other relevant topics.
- Participate in technical working group meetings and convene task teams as needed within the role of S/GAC representative (ex officio).
Additional duties and responsibilities (Communications, Data Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation):
- Participate in review of quarterly progress monitoring results with country teams in the areas of pediatric/adolescent care & treatment.
- Respond to requests for talking points, briefing memos, and other documents as needed in relevant program areas.
- Promote information exchange with USG agencies, partners, regional institutions and networks about effective program implementation practices and lessons learned on all aspects related to pediatric/adolescent care & treatment.
- Promote improved field communication under the Emergency Plan across government agencies, focus and non-focus countries, other donors and palliative care institutions.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of material to be presented to the media, interest groups, Members of Congress and/or their staffs, host government officials, FBO’s, NGO’s, etc. on pediatric/adolescent HIV/AIDS care & treatment issues in assigned portfolio.
- Analyze, synthesize and disseminate key research findings and trends; apply findings to future program and project design, strategy, project management and measure of assistance impact, and prepare reports documenting these findings and ensure that they are effectively communicated and disseminated to the Missions, USG partners and others.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Clinical experience (e.g., physician, nurse, nurse practitioner, physician’s assistant) with children and/or adolescents (e.g., pediatric or adolescent or family medicine specialization in professional role), preferably in HIV care and treatment
- Experience working with HIV programs in international settings
- Masters level education or higher preferred
- Strong ability to analyze public health program data.
- Attention to detail, and ability to analyze complex structures and systems.
- Experience working as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong skills with Excel, Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm