MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) has an opening for a Data Visualization Expert to support the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations (CSO). An active Secret security clearance is required.
The consultant will be responsible for providing geospatial services to CSO. Specific duties include:
- Visualize data relating to conflict and international community responses, particularly through the use of maps;
- Complete timely and accurate products;
- Work with an array of U.S. government and non-U.S. government partners to obtain data;
- Work with CSO management to understand policy makers’ needs and how data visualization can inform policy development; and
- Integrate data collection and visualization products into applicable CSO grants and contracts.
Travel: The position requires some travel to gather data and/or work with embassy teams on refining their visualization needs.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in statistics, GIS, computer science, or geography and/or a minimum of four years of professional experience in fields related to information technology and GIS.
- Expertise in desktop GIS applications such as QGIS and ArcGIS, cartographic design, image processing, graphic editing, databases, and standard office applications.
- Extensive knowledge of geospatial data sources, including finding data and compiling metadata.
- Experience with geospatial web APIs such as Leaflet and Openlayer.
- Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) and Google Earth.
- Excellent English language (written and spoken) communications skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, coordinate activities in multiple locations (the United States and overseas), act decisively in daily work, and work well in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently to assess priorities and manage daily coordination of details with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with U.S. foreign assistance programming processes.
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas, including to semi-permissive locations. This also requires the candidate to be in physical condition for travel to such environments.
Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10417255
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm