|MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is recruiting for a Strategic Information Advisor to work at the U.S. Department of State in the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator. This is a contract position. A security clearance at the Secret level is required. Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the prioritization, process and technical aspects of a wide array of data collection, compilation, and analysis related to epidemiology and the program response as well as finance and economic data as appropriate, to inform future program efforts and impact.
- Provides technical assistance to PEPFAR country teams in the collection, analysis, review and use of key data for continuous program planning and improvement, and impact. These data include but are not limited to program performance and quality data, surveillance and epidemiologic data, and finance and economic data. Incumbent assists in the translation of guidance to portfolio of countries.
- Works closely with the assigned countries to guide strategic information investments to affect overall program sustainability, capacity building, and the delivery of quality services.
- Provides input into strategic initiatives related to the designated group of countries which includes understanding trends in the HIV epidemic within the region, capacity of countries to respond, and political and geographic contextual issues. Provides opportunities for communicating and sharing of resources amongst countries – either technical inputs to build capacity within country programs or south-to-south sharing of experience and expertise where relevant.
- Contributes to responses to inquiries received (e.g., briefing materials, Congressional Questions for the Record, etc.), important summaries, progress reports, and any other critical public information materials. Supports assembly, analysis, and preparation of data for use in the Annual Report to Congress.
- Assists with the development, approval, implementation and reporting on the operational and strategic plans for PEPFAR countries and regional HIV/AIDS programs.
- Collaborates with the USG Technical Working Groups, the Interagency Collaborative for Program Improvement, and other S/GAC divisions supporting implementation of PEPFAR, and developing and monitoring the subsequent dissemination and implementation of the new or revised HIV/AIDS policies in the countries.
- Supports information system processes (i.e., DATIM and FACTS Info) to improve all aspects of data collection, management, and use. Activities range from providing input to definition of system requirements and participating in system development cycles.
- Other duties assigned.
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm