MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is recruiting for a Senior Information System Programmer to be located in Rosslyn, VA.
The system will be the customers primary tool for the dissemination of planning and performance information as well as for foreign assistance budget formulation. It is currently operational in domestic and overseas locations; however, many new capabilities and requirements are being evaluated and added regularly.
Beyond contributing to the implementation of new features, the consultant will be expected to aid in the refinement of the system architecture. This will involve working with the technical team to ensure that the system is scalable, responsive, available, secure, maintainable, and easy to administer. Specific tasks might include designing load tests and tuning the database and application components to meet performance goals; defining workable source control and software configuration management schemes, performing database administration tasks such as preparing backup plans and assigning database-level permissions, and investigating novel approaches to technical problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Overall 7+ years experience as a software developer/programmer (any language).
- Overall 5+ years (3 years recent) in web development.
- Overall 5+ years (3 years recent) experience with C# in .Net 2.0 and later.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience with Windows Forms applications.
- Overall 5+ years (3 years recent) experience with SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2012 and later, authoring stored procedures and functions, designing table structures, and implementing ETL solutions between databases.
- Experience building applications that utilize a data-warehouse for reporting purposes.
- Experience taking requirements directly from clients and providing user support.
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Formally studied advanced programming and database concepts (college degree preferable).
- Strong understanding of Agile/SCRUM software development life cycle, including object oriented analysis, design, implementation and translate business requirements into technical artifacts.
- Must be familiar with desktop application development concepts.
- Experience with O/R Mappers like Entity Framework, LINQ, NHibernate etc
- Must be familiar with web services and other internet and networking concepts (experience with web development preferable).
- Must be familiar with relational database design and data warehouse concepts.
- Must be familiar with developing for Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (formulas, templates, scripts).
- Must be comfortable taking responsibility for delivering complete solutions, troubleshooting and resolving software system problems independently.
- Must work effectively in a government team environment.
- Must be comfortable developing software controlled by source control tools.
A Public Trust clearance is required for this position.
- Experience as a Database Administrator with SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2012.
- Experience as a Systems Administrator with Windows Server 2012 supporting web-enabled applications.
- Experience developing for Microsoft Word, particularly producing RTF-formatted documents.
Interested candidates should email their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via our website at http://msag.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10346503
MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1986, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a great corporate culture and is very customer and employee oriented. Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSAG-Reviews-E812411.htm